Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Week 4 Blog Reviews

Jade: You did a really great job summarizing Wright’s essay! If I hadn’t read the article beforehand, your summary would’ve given me a better indication of what it was about! My only suggestion would be to shorten the length of your post just a little. You went into a lot of detail (which was really well written!) but since it was a summary, you could’ve just gone through the main ideas :)

Your Frida Kahlo post was great! The picture you decided to write about was intriguing. I liked how you could relate to the painting because it made you think of how you like to reflect on a number of things while you’re relaxing. I too would like to know more about the background behind the painting. Awesome writing!

Kayla: I really enjoyed reading your summary! The points you chose to talk about truly captured the essence of what the article was about. Your concluding paragraph was really well-written. It left me thinking, which is always one of an author’s goals: to leave the reader with something to ponder over.

I’m not sure if you did this on purpose or not, but I thought it was a great idea to leave out the portrait of Frida Kahlo’s that you wrote about. As you were describing the images within the painting, I could clearly picture everything in my head, and I was able to appreciate your explanation much more than if I was actually able to see the drawing for myself. The last statement you wrote was powerful. Amazing posts this week Kayla!

Erin did not have any posts for me to comment on.

No comments:

Post a Comment