Jade: First off, I thought your post title: “Screwdriver, hard drive…….. brain?” went really well with the topic that was being discussed. As I’ve said before, I love the witty titles you come up with! I am also nineteen years old and I can remember long ago in the 90’s when simple computers that ran Windows 95 were seen as the next big thing, and now look at how far we’ve come! It is simply amazing! You brought up an excellent point when you mentioned that although an artificial brain can be made to closely resemble a human brain, it still has the risk of malfunctioning, this making humans superior. I hadn’t thought of it that way! Superb writing!
Kayla: I too think that we share similar views on most of the prompts that we have had to write about, which is always exciting for me because I look forward to what you have to say on the matter! I completely agree with you that Minsky just barley graced the surface on what consciousness really is. It is so much more than just being able to store vast amounts of information with the click of a button! Great post!
Amisha had mentioned citations in her blog post yesterday, and I was noticing that your citations are just a little bit off, so I hope you don’t mind if I help you correct them! When citing an author’s work, just make sure that the period is outside of the parenthesis. I’ll take an example from your post on the 10th: “Consciousness is being aware of what is happening in the world and in one’s mind” (Minsky). Other than that, keep up the great writing!
Erin did not have any posts for me to comment on.

2 comments:
I had posts to comment on! I think you meant Erin! :)
LOL! I did! My computer was acting funny that night! So sorry!
Post a Comment