Jade: In your “Strangers on the Other Side of the Computer Screen” post, I found it quite amusing that you and I both wrote in regards to that "one person in class who might be extremely shy but we would never know it unless s/he told us.” It’s almost as if we wrote that part of our blogs together :) I guess great minds really DO think alike!
Your argument of how changing the environment around you can change how others see you is intriguing. I had never thought of it that way! I agree that you are who you are no matter WHERE you are, but it hadn’t crossed my mind that putting yourself in a different setting can affect how you are perceived by others. It definitely made me wonder how others think of me in this class, and if I am making inaccurate assumptions about some of my classmates.
I really enjoyed reading your post “A World In Perfect Order.. or Not?” The quality of your writing reflects the effort that you no doubt put into it. You clearly defended your case that we CAN be good without good with examples from the text and your personal experiences. I look forward to reading more of your posts! You certainly have a way with words!
As a side note: Can I just say, I love the title of your blog and blog posts! They’re so clever!
Kayla: In your post “Online Interaction,” I also feel that meeting someone through their blog and their blog posts gives off an entirely different impression of them than if we had met through a traditional classroom setting. I’ve never taken an online class before and to be truthful, I’m a little disappointed that I decided to take THIS particular class online because there are so many girls who share my major. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the format of this class, but it would’ve been nice to interact with these girls and share insights about our classes, why we chose our major, etc.
After reading “Do You Need God to Be Good,” I noticed that we have a lot of the same beliefs when it comes to religion and crime. I agree that it is not our ideas that matter, it is our actions. If we don’t act on what we say we believe in, then the words we speak cannot be necessarily trusted. Indeed, we are all human and subject to fault, but not if we are consciously saying something and acting in opposition to what we said.
Overall, I really enjoy your writing! You have a clear way of expressing yourself, and I look forward to seeing you develop your voice throughout the rest of the class!
Erin didn't have any posts for me to comment on :'(

No comments:
Post a Comment