Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Week 8 Blog Reviews

Ashley- In your post “Breastmilk Just for Babies? Not Anymore,” I thought your opening paragraph was a great way to introduce the rest of your paper! It was definitely a catchy opening that caught my attention right off the bat! With the nature of the prompt, I know it was hard to include your own ideas but I would have liked to read a little more about what you thought on the subject. Overall, your post was very well written, just make sure to put the titles of the essays you cited in quotation marks.

I had a lot of trouble answering the prompt for this assignment, but in your post “Don’t Compare Yourself to Others… Even Animals,” you were able to use the text very well to support your argument in favor of human homosexuality as compared to animals, and you also brought up excellent points to those who might be skeptical of your comparison. I could tell that you really understood the essay and chose the quotes you cited carefully. You have a real strength for backing up your points-of-view with solid evidence. Great job on this post! I hope your essay writing went well!

Susan- I thought you did a wonderful job on your post “More Than Just Reproduction.” You really emphasized the point that not every relationship is the same, so it is unfair to say that love is mainly a scientific attraction. I think the author (as well as some of us in the class) failed to see that, so you did a great job of working that into your essay and using the text, even though it contradicted with much of what you were saying, to your advantage. This would’ve been a strong topic for an essay!

For your post “What’s Natural Nowadays,” your first two paragraphs were very strong. In your final paragraph however, I felt that you kind of went off on a tangent trying to prove your point of what is and is not natural. Overall though, I really enjoyed what you had to write about. You have a creative way of presenting your view on things that I really enjoyed reading this week. My only suggestion is to remember to always include the author’s name in your in-text citations. There were a few times in both posts that you forgot to so this. I hope your essay turned out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment