Ashley: I thought you did a great job on your post “On the Road Again.” The ideas you expressed correlated very well with the essay in the book. You gave excellent examples as to how the three main characters in “Crossroads” related to “real wild women” and how their adventure was similar to that of Thelma and Louise. I noticed on two of your citations when you used (IMDb) that you placed the comma before the citation. I just wanted to remind you that it’s supposed to be after. :)
I found your post “The Disappearing Family” very interesting. I like the connections you made between the family unit and American capitalism. It really is sad to think that the advanced technology we enjoy so much is actually ripping families apart because it creates a barrier of communication and occupies our time, time that could be better spent with our parents and siblings. I really enjoyed reading your posts and I’m so excited to work with you for this unit!
Susan: I enjoyed your post “Wild Men.” The movie/novel you described seems to portray the idea of wild men (in this case boys) extremely well. You did a great job of summarizing the plot and characters, because although I have never even heard of “The Outsiders,” I feel that I have a good sense of what it’s about by the paragraphs that you wrote. In the first paragraph, you mention that the story is told by Ponyboy. It would be more clear if you added something about his “point-of-view” or “perspective.”
Your “Technology Changes the American family” post was very well thought out. My only suggestion is to make sure you put quotes around the essay title and to make it three paragraphs in length.
As a side note, I just wanted to tell you that I am really looking forward to being in your group for this unit, especially since we are both Speech and Hearing Sciences sophomores! I look forward to reading more of your posts!

No comments:
Post a Comment