Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Megan’s “Crema de la Cosecha”

Hi Megan! It’s nice to be in your group, especially since you are a fellow Speech and Hearing Sciences major. I worked with lots of students at ASU from all over the country and it always fascinates me when they decide to come to Tempe and suffer through the heat, but I’m glad you’re adjusting :) Here are my picks for you:

A Slough Time: I’ve suffered from acne since I was about 10 years old so I could really relate to this post. Your voice really stood out as you told your story of your “tube of horrors!” You added very colorful language that made this post very enjoyable to read. You are quite the storyteller! By choosing a topic that I’m sure we as girls have come across at some point, and using irony to enhance your message, you were really able to draw your audience in and have them sympathize with your condition. The only thing that didn’t really seem to fit at first was your title. I didn’t really know what a slough was so I had to look it up in the dictionary, and even then I’m not sure it was the best word to choose, but I can see where you were going with it. I sure do hope that your skin condition didn’t take too long to clear up!

Consumption of Consumption: Eat This: You come up with the BEST titles! For some reason, I get this image of you shoving your shopping bags at Twitchell or someone else’s face and saying “Eat this!” I chose this post because you were able to write in a more academic tone but still keep your own voice. Your last paragraph showed a lot of concern about materialism and it was definitely the strongest point of your post. Apart from a few spelling and grammatical errors, I really enjoyed reading your views on materialism !

Are You There God? It’s Me, Megan: First off, the think that captured my attention immediately was your title and the picture you chose to include with your post. The photo shows just how far the universe seems to expand, and you seem to be calling out to God hoping that even though He is so far away, you hope that he can hear you. It also reminded me of the Verizon Wireless commercials because if you believe in God, then you also believe that no matter where you are, you’ll always have “service.” In other words, he’ll always be able to hear you. You seem to have a background in Christianity because the voice you used showed passion for the belief that without a God, people would not be good. You brought up really excellent points about what choosing to live by the wayside will do to believers in Christ and God, supporting your argument that the consequences will encourage people to do the right thing. I really enjoyed this post Megan!

No comments:

Post a Comment